Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Growing Up


Well, it's been 5 days since she left. My little girl went home with my sister for a few days. It wouldn't be so bad but she's 5 1/2 hours away! I know... at least it's not a plane ride away!

I wasn't sure about letting her go. She'd never been away from home that long, just the occasional overnight at the grandparents but never this far away or for this long. I knew she would have fun. I knew she'd be good. I knew she would be in good hands. But what if she needed me? What if she just needed her mommy? What if her mommy just needed her!

She has called every morning to talk. It's so cute! When I answer the phone she says " Hi mommy it's Wawa!" (Wawa is the kids nick name for her) So cute that she thinks I would not know it's her! Even though we have caller ID! She is still so innocent and naive. I love it!

Yes, there are days when she drives me crazy. Days when I think I can't take anymore from her. Days when I think I need a break from her.

Okay, break's over!! I miss my girl! I'm ready for her to come home! I miss her beautiful smile. I miss her hugs.

It's so hard to let her grow up. To spread her own wings and find things out for herself. To not be there to protect her every minute. To watch her grow up into the woman God wants her to be, even the woman I want her to be.

I love you sweet Olivia Rose!! You will always be my little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment